Student Resources for Online Courses — CNM
New to distance learning?
Jump Start for Learners was created specifically for students taking their first online course at CNM. You can find more information about the Jump Start course for learners in the online resources for students.
Online Options at CNM
The CNM Online service oversees all online options administered through the standard CNM and CNM Online programs; our 100% online college with limited program offerings and a different educational structure.
Standard programs / course options
If you enroll in a standard online program offering, the experience will be very similar to face-to-face classes. These courses are:
- any duration between 2 and 15 weeks; and
- not prescribed or guaranteed on the schedule.
- You can piece together a degree (psychology, for example) by taking all of its courses online, but the courses are not offered in a prescribed order, nor are they guaranteed to be on the schedule, as they would be. with CNM Online.
Placement tests are also required and tuition does not include fees or books.
To register for an online course, search for the course as you would any other in the course schedule. The specific class will note whether there is an inline option and what type of inline option it is.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, most of our courses are now online.
CNM Online, CNM’s 100% online college, is for any student around the world who plans to never set foot on campus and is looking for an accelerated way to earn a degree or certificate.
Covers CNM Online five diplomas in English, one diploma in Spanish and two certificates.
As a student at CNM Online, you have:
- access to a success coach integrated into your courses;
- no program placement requirements;
- a tuition fee template which includes all required fees and books; and
- the possibility of graduating in 17 months.
CNM Class Type Guide
CNM Online and CNM Standard Programs offer several types of online courses. Below, find what you need to know about the types of courses offered:
Flexibility to attend live online or watch recorded lectures.
50-99% ONLINE, 1-49% IN PERSON
Online classes with no scheduled meeting times; must appear in person at least once per term.
|HYBRID (FACE TO FACE)
50% ONLINE, 50% IN PERSON
In-person instruction with an online component (i.e. lab/theory).
|HYBRID (REAL-TIME ONLINE)
A hybrid of online meetings scheduled at specific times and online class work that can be done anytime.
Online courses without scheduled appointment times.
|ONLINE IN REAL TIME
Online classes with scheduled appointment times.
Instructions for posting your schedule:
- Login to your myCNM account.
- Select the “Registration” tab on the left side.
- Click on your “Review Schedule/Bill (Class Schedule)” in the “Registration” box
- Select the term (Ex. “Summer 2021”) from the Term drop-down menu and click Submit.