McKinsey’s Forward Africa is a free six-month online course you should check out
McKinsey’s Forward Africa is a free, six-month online learning program designed to equip young talent with the practical skills needed to succeed in the future of work.
Forward is delivered in an interactive, virtual format, starting with basic skills and progressing to case studies based on real-world scenarios where you will develop new behaviors through continuous reflection and learning by doing. peers.
You will also receive a digital McKinsey Forward badge upon completion of the program and join an exclusive global network of young lifelong learners.
To date, 90,000 people have registered in more than 60 countries, with a recommendation rate of 98%.
About the program
- The Forward learning path consists of three levels: Fundamental, Advanced and Network.
- The program is interactive and can help you gain knowledge through a range of media, such as online courses, discussion forums, virtual workshops with McKinsey experts, and group projects with live peer feedback .
- You have 10 weeks and two hours per week to complete the Foundation level.
- In 12 weeks, two hours per week, complete the Advanced level to receive a shareable McKinsey Forward digital badge.
- Participation at network level: 18 months, optional activities ongoing.
During the program, you will acquire the skills and tools necessary to:
- Use structured and creative thinking to turn complex business challenges into opportunities
- Communicate with impact to bring your audience to action
- Use agile working methods and identify opportunities for using data and technology; and
- Be adaptable and develop the resilience and emotional awareness to work successfully, both independently and as part of a team, especially in times of change.
To access Forward, you must meet the following criteria:
The news continues after this announcement
- Currently residing on the African continent (all countries)
- Have no more than five years of formal work experience
- Be salaried, self-employed or between jobs;
- Have completed post-secondary education (e.g. diploma, associate’s degree, undergraduate degree)
- Be proficient in English as this is the language that will be used to conduct the program.
You can apply here.