ISRO offers a free online course on GNSS
A 12 day free online course on GNSS will be offered by the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS), part of the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO).
“Overview of the Global Navigation Satellite System” (Course-ID: 107) will take place September 19-30. The course is designed to meet the urgent demand for skilled manpower in remote sensing, geographic information systems (GIS), GNSS and related geospatial technologies. The course will introduce GPS and GNSS, receivers, processing methods, errors and accuracy.
The course will cover the following topics:
- GPS receivers, processing methods, errors and accuracy
- satellite-based augmentation systems and GPS and GEO-assisted navigation (GAGAN)
- GPS signal characteristics and data formats (broadcast and precise ephemerides)
- Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS)
- DGPS demonstration
- advanced GNSS processing
- development of satellite navigation technology, TRANSIT, TSKLON, GNSS (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and BeiDou), principles of GNSS, segments and applications
- satellite navigation.
The course is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students; central or state government technical or scientific personnel; and professors or researchers from universities or institutions.
The course study material – course slides, recorded video lectures, open source software and demonstration materials – will be made available through the IIRS E-CLASS learning management system.
Visit the IRSS website for more details.