ISRO offers a free online course on geospatial applications for students; Apply now
JThe Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) is inviting applications for “Geospatial Applications for Forest Ecosystem Analysis” from students and scientific staff. The course aims to offer an understanding of geospatial technology as an effective tool for forest ecosystem assessment, monitoring and management and is delivered by the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS).
Things to know:
- Only Indian nationals can apply.
- Applicants must be postgraduate or final-year postgraduate students in environmental sciences or life sciences.
- Scientific personnel from central/state government, faculty/researcher at university/other institutions and NGO members are also eligible to apply.
- Course study materials, such as lecture slides and video-recorded lectures, will be made available through the online classroom.
- A desktop computer with a web camera, microphone, and output speakers or a laptop computer with a microphone camera and output speakers or a large monitor/projector/TV with high-speed Internet connection is required to follow the course.
- Space is limited and registration will be on a first come, first served basis.
- The coordinator will need to approve course participants.
- For more information, go through the official brochure.
How to register:
- To register for this program, interested organizations/universities/departments/institutes must identify a coordinator from their side.
- It is the coordinator who must register the establishment on the official site.
- Participants can register separately on the official site by selecting their organization as the nodal centre.
- Study materials will be available hereafter registration.
- Course updates will be available on the IIRS official website.
- Course dates – June 20 to June 25, 2022.
- Registration is open until the start date of the course.
In case of questions, write to [email protected].
Edited by Yoshita Rao