The Central Council for Secondary Education (CBSE) is about to launch free online teacher training programs that will help teachers understand how they can adapt their teaching methods and get feedback on learning outcomes. learning.
The CBSE teacher training programs will be completely free and teachers will not have to pay any fees. Additionally, teachers will get electronic certificates after completing these online courses, the CBSE informed in an official notification issued on May 5.
Teacher training programs will be delivered by the many Centers of Excellence (CoE) of the CBSE.
“It is clear that this pandemic has completely disrupted an education system which, according to many, was already losing its relevance,” says the official notification from the CBSE.
“Improving professional development digitally is a need in the era of Covid-19, where social distancing and long-distance interactions are the new normal,” he added.
Details of free online teacher training programs by CBSE
“Each online training session will last one hour; there will be no participation fee; an electronic certificate will be issued to participants; attending five sessions can be considered a training day in accordance with the membership regulations, ”said the manager. CBSE notification.
- The online teacher training courses will consist of several sessions, one of which will last one hour.
- Taking five sessions will be considered as one day of teacher training course.
- Around 1,200 online sessions are planned by the CoEs in May 2020.
- CBSE teachers can view the detailed training schedule for May 2020 for all CoEs via the official notification linked below.
Why did the CBSE launch the online teacher training programs?
During the third week of April 2020, the CBSE organized pilot teacher training programs where 15 CBSE Centers of Excellence organized more than 500 free online training sessions.
More than 35,000 teachers and principals from various parts of the country and abroad have participated in these programs, according to the notification, and the governing board has received “overwhelming responses from participating faculty members and faculty members. contacts”.
The three objectives of the CBSE online teacher training programs, as described in the official notification, are:
1. Enable teachers to teach better and improve learning outcomes.
2. Continuously instill new knowledge and skills as demanded in order to keep them on par with what is expected.
3. Help teachers to revise and refresh the knowledge already provided to them in their regular training and to make it more precise and practical.
CBSE Online Teacher Training Participation Guidelines
Following are the guidelines for participating in the CBSE Online Teacher Training Program as per the official notification:
- Contact the relevant Center of Excellence (CoE) for registration
- The CoE will send an invitation email to registered participants on a first come, first served basis.
- Upon receipt of the invitation link for the online session, please click on the YES button.
- Do not share the invitation link with others.
- Please stay signed in with the same email you registered for the session (on a computer system / smartphone), then join the online session by clicking on the INVITATION LINK.
- Please join the session by clicking the Join Meeting / Join Now button. Do not click on the PRESENT button, it is for the presenter, that is to say the resource person.
- Make sure your microphone is muted and the camera is turned off before joining the online session.
- Check that your earphones / headphones are plugged in and working properly, otherwise you will not be able to hear the contact person’s instructions properly.
- Please make sure your microphone is muted during the session and follow the instructions given by the contact person.
- Please use the CHAT BOX to ask questions or answer any questions from the resource person.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE THE CONTACT PERSON SCREEN IS ALWAYS PINNED. BRING YOUR CURSOR TO THE CONTACT PERSON SCREEN, CLICK ON THE PIN BUTTON.
- If you have trouble viewing the screen properly or are having difficulty, please exit the session and join again, by clicking Join Meeting / Join Now.
- All participants are requested to complete the Return of Attendance form before leaving the session. The link of the same will be shared in the chat box during the live session.
- Participants must attend the entire session to be eligible for the electronic certificate.
How to Apply for CBSE Online Teacher Training Courses
Interested CBSE schools were invited to encourage their teachers to participate by contacting the relevant CEs (contact list provided below).
Foreign schools affiliated with CBSE can contact the co-secretary (training), CBSE at [email protected]
Check the full CBSE notification here.
Read: Assessment of CBSE board exam paper from May 10, 1.5 cr answer sheets to be delivered to teachers’ homes
Read: CBSE paper assessment will resume soon during lockdown, official says
Read: CBSE board exams pending in July for 29 subjects only: what about CBSE board exam dates by subject?
Read: New dates for the 2020 CBSE Board of Directors review for North East Delhi will be available soon: Check out important CBSE updates here
Read: New CBSE Board of Directors review dates for remaining reviews in 2 days: HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal
To read: CBSE Class 10 Board exams suspended, except for northeast Delhi: Minister of HRD
Read: 5 CBSE Secretary Anurag Tripathy CBSE Board Exam Updates Every Student Should Check Out