Andhra Pradesh: NEP-2020 allows 40% of online courses

ByMike V. Cooper

Jul 2, 2022

As part of National Education Policy (NEP) 2020, University Grants Commission (UGC) guidelines now allow students to attend 40% of their classes online. They will have to attend the remaining 60% of their classes in person, said Rajendra Joshi, a professor at the Center for Economic and Social Studies.

During a workshop on “Internalization and Institutionalization of National Education Policy-2020: Teacher’s Role and Responsibility” at Anantapur Campus of Central Andhra Pradesh University on Saturday, the CESS Professor BS Padmavathi said universities could engage more in industry and build themselves into research institutes with more vigor than before. She also highlighted the need for a multidisciplinary approach to help gain better prospects in the industry and employment sectors.

Central University Vice-Chancellor SA Kori explained the university’s efforts to implement the new policy and added that such workshops would be an eye-opener for faculty and students. VVN University Professor Rajendra Prasad talked about the current education scenario, NEP-2020 guidelines and a teacher’s contribution to higher education.